Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

Greetings, I have been a nurse in the state of PA past 5

Customer Question

Greetings,
I have been a nurse in the state of PA for the past 5 years. I was recently let go by a home care company for improper documentation. I had 3 clients that I was unable to see, so I wrote up that they were seen and signed it. They were seen at a later date and no harm had come to any of them during that time. My supervisor at the time noticed the irregularity in this documentation, stated it was fraud, and I was let go. This was back in March. At that time, I was dealing with a client who was threatening to sue the company and was forced to see her at a moment’s notice. Unfortunately, those times were normally when I was meant to see the other clients. I agree that what I did was wrong, and now the state board of nursing is investigating the claim of fraud. My former supervisor is having parents write the board and state that I was a great nurse and other positive statements.
I have three questions.
1. What are the possible outcomes?
2. Should I hire an attorney?
3. I am licensed as a nurse in another state, if my license is revoked in PA, is it revoked there as well?
Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.
1. What are the possible outcomes?
The most desirable action is that the complaint is dismissed and no further action is taken.
Otherwise, they can revoke or suspend your license. They may also censure you, which is a mark against your record. They can require additional training, as well.
2. Should I hire an attorney?
Yes, this is your livelihood and an experienced attorney will be invaluable in obtaining the best possible outcome.
Any PA revocation or suspension will be required to be reported to other states in which you are licensed and it is up to them to determine appropriate action consistent with their licensing rules.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have follow up questions feel free to ask. It is never a problem.
Best regards.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?