Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My son-in-law is being served a subpoena deposition against

Customer Question

My son-in-law is being served a subpoena for a deposition against a contractor he use to work for. This contractor screwed his investors and declared bankruptcy. My son was the project manager for this guy buy had no contract with him. This guy screwed my son-in--law and didn't pay him. Does he need a lawyer to represent him during the deposition? Also, can he be implicated for his answers?
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

There is no requirement for your son-in-law to have an attorney represent him during the deposition, but it would certainly be a good idea for him to retain one just to ensure that he isn't pressured, trapped or tricked into a bad situation.......or a situation where he could be left holding the bag.

He's much better off to have an attorney there to make sure he doesn't expose himself for the testimony he gives.