How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3999
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Saturday aug 15, 2015 midas charged my 45 dollars to do a

Customer Question

saturday aug 15, 2015 midas charged my 45 dollars to do a suspension test on my 2007 crysler 300 they said i needed lower and upper control arms andsway bars links and bushings i paid over 1,110 dollars in repairs and labor to bring my car home with the same noise the company is closed on sundays i very upset what should i do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
three weeks before i had midas do this work my mechanic told me i needed ball joints and tie rods tors bar which cost me close to 500 dollars to get done
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.
I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.
If you believe the work was not done properly and Midas will not make it right for you you can pursue the following remedies.
1) File a complaint with the Midas Headquarters. Here is the link:
2) File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau:
3) File a complaint with the Consumer Protection division of your State's Office of Attorney General. (You do not indicate what state you are in so I can't link you to it. If you google the name of your state and attorney general you should find it.
4) If you paid by credit card you can dispute the transaction with your credit card company.
All of the above steps can be taken together. None of them will cost you any money.
5) The last option, if they do not correct the problem is to sue in Small Claims Court. This will cost you filing and service fees, but you can bring the action yourself without an attorney. The local Small Claims Court Clerk will have the forms that you need to file the complaint.
I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.
Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.
If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.
Good luck.
Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.