Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

Bidorbuy is the eBay version of South Africa. (Or entire

Customer Question

Bidorbuy is the eBay version of South Africa. (Or entire Africa) a seller in this website is using pictures of me wearing the dresses that made without my permission. They are displaying it as if I is their work. Is there anything I can do?
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 2 years ago.

Do you know where the pictures came from?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Probably Internet I had an I lose store selling dresses

So if they are reusing photos that you took, then they would be violating copyright laws. If you created the photo, you have a copyright automatically -- it doesn't matter whether or not you filed a copyright application. The infringer can't put the photo on her website without your permission, and the ISP should respond to your concerns. What you should try first is contacting Bidorbuy and notifying them of this illegal use of your photo and that as the host of the pictures, they have the responsibility to take down the photos.

You can try suing the person who is using your photos without your permission, but finding and suing that person in South Africa, if that is where they are located, is going to be particularly difficult. If you are mostly concerned about just getting the picture taken down, contacting the website will probably be the easiest option.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have contacted the website and they refused to take down the photos eventhough I told them it is illegal. It is impossible for me to contact the store using my photos as I cannot create an account not having an African address.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is the response from the website. I quote :Thank you for your email.Please can you send me the item id, whereby your photos are being used.
Also are your pictures / photos watermarked ?
If the pictures aren't watermarked, remember we are linked with google, so anybody will have access to those photos on google aswell.For any other queries respond on this email.
"
I do not like their answer. I clearly explained those are my photos and photos and I want them taken down. This is a very large website and they should know better . Can I try suing the website

Yes. You can bring a lawsuit against the website. What you would seek is an injunction to have them take down your picture.