Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

Two days ago my mother watching my 2 sons 11 and 8, she has

Customer Question

Two days ago my mother watching my 2 sons 11 and 8, she has a history of falls, and she decided to wash her floors when all of a sudden she fell and landed on the wet floor. My son called me up to tell me I needed to come over quickly to help her. When I got there it was only 1/2 hour before I got a phone call from my local PD stating they are at my house due to someone calling and complaing that my dog is in disstess and I need to leave my mom and come back home to handle my dog issue. I almost always put my dog back into my house /garage but spaced it due to the emergency call I got about my mom. long story short I got lied to from the officer stating he was coming back the next day to do a follow up on me and the dog but really he gave me a 400.00 ticket and told me to fight it in court. I've had several issues with this officer and his coworkers on other issues and being told I'm a big pain in there back side. can I file a complaint/allegation complaint againt this officer or department?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well what's your response
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to Answer your question,
I am sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with your local police department. I know exactly how you feel because it sounds exactly like the local police in my area. It seems like they easily forget that they are hired to serve us.
What the police officer did was unforgiveable because he forced you to leave your mother who needed you more on the pretense that your dog was in distress. I would very much suggest that you file a formal complaint against the police officer and the police department which employs him. But, before you do, may I suggest that you sit down and think about all the other times that they have acted in a similar way. List them on a piece of paper in chronological order and write a brief statement of what happened and the surrounding circumstances. Address your letter to the Attorney General of your State and state in your letter that you are afraid of directing your letter to any local governmental body because you are afraid that the police will retaliate against you for reporting their actions.
Then, follow up your letter with a telephone call to the Attorney General's Office and ask that Office to advise you on how to handle similar future situations. Also, be sure to mention in your letter and during your telephone conversation the fact that you received a $400 ticket and that you believe this was done to discourage you from calling them. You should also include in your letter and during your telephone follow up call that you are fearful of any retaliatory action by the police department and ask how you should handle future similar situations. Be sure to get the name of the person or persons you speak to by telephone so that you do not have to speak to different people, if you need to call again.
As for your ticket, plead "Not Guilty". At the hearing, tell the Judge that you are being harassed and singled out by the police and that it has gotten so bad that you had no recourse, but to contact the state's Attorney General for assistance.
IF I HAVE NOT ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION COMPLETELY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL BE GLAD TO EXPLAIN FURTHER.
IF I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION COMPLETELY, PLEASE BE KIND ENOUGH TO LEAVE A POSITIVE RATING. YOU HAVE ALREADY PLACED A DEPOSIT WITH JUSTANSWER, SO IT WILL NOT COST YOU ANYTHING ADDITIONAL TO LEAVE A POSITIVE RATING. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING,
KINDEST REGARDS,
ANDREA
Hi, again, I see that you have had the opportunity to review my Answer. Is there anything else I can Answer for you, or clarify ? There is no charge for follow up questions. If not, please be kind enough to leave a positive rating for my Answer. Leaving a positive rating will not cost you anything additional, but it is the only way that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. Thank you for understanding,
Kindest Regards,
ANDREA