How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27134
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in a very bad prison, he has less than 12 months

Customer Question

my son is in a very bad prison, he has less than 12 months left, and because I have contacted our congresswoman about the abuse not only to my son but this prison sending my son and other inmates empty trays, and he always writes me so he can have money so he can eat, which this is ABUSE! Now that the congresswoman has done a complaint on this prison the SGT. correctional officer had planted a knife in my sons cell it doesn't have his finger prints on it and told my son its gonna get worse because I had complained, and he told him theres nothing he can do about it and locked him up for 60 days in solitaire and my son is terrorfied cuz this officer charged him with 3 charges in one day and he told him he was never gonna get out. PLEASE TELL ME THERES HELP?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
You need to get a civil rights lawyer involved as soon as you possibly can. The American Civil Liberties Union has been addressing prison conditions, safety and inmate welfare on behalf of incarcerated defendants all over the country. This situation is right up their alley. They are at
There are local chapters of the ACLU throughout the US, and if they can't look into this themselves, they should be able to direct you to someone local with experience in this area.
Meanwhile, you should also call the lawyer your son had on his original case who can find out all that's going on at this time and take what preventive measures are necessary.