How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4827
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a newcomer in online shopping business and have an issue

Customer Question

Hello! I'm a newcomer in online shopping business and have an issue with not diligent buyer from outside the US. He has ordered new HP printer in my shop, recieved it. Then he requested rapid refund according to return policy and consumer protection law. I've made refund, but he sent back not the exact item that I've sold him(used HP printer).
How can I manage this situation?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.
Since this is an overseas buyer, your options are very limited. Really, your only legal option is to reverse the refund (assuming he used a credit card) until you receive the printer back, or you can sue him. Suing him, of course, will be quite difficult since he is overseas and the value of a used printer is hardly worth the cost and effort. Reversing the refund is your best option a this point.
I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go. Good luck.