How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4823
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was visiting a friend 400 miles away and some lies were

Customer Question

I was visiting a friend 400 miles away and some lies were told and she woke me up and forced me to leave. I have been disabled for 8 years. Is it legal for her to force me no time to get my self together shower ect. She called the police for stupid reasons and he was there to force me out.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.
The short answer to your question is that yes, she can force you out without any sort of notice. One of the rights a property owner has is getting to decide who may or may not be on his or her property. Assuming you weren't paying rent or under any sort of lease agreement, verbal or otherwise, the property owner can demand that you leave. As unfair as it may seem, the law doesn't make exceptions in circumstances like this because you are disabled. Basically, they have the right to force you to leave at their discretion.
I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go. Good