How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Husband and I married 7 years, separated 6 months from

Customer Question

Husband and I married 7 years, separated 6 months from October 2014 to April 2015. I am diagnosed bipolar and manic depression. Was on heavy prescription drugs for 17 years. I took myself off all meds and 5 months later left my husband. I do not good recall of this last year. Left my husband and apparently charged 2 catalog accounts up to 3,000$ each. I do not specifically remember doing that, I thought he was buying me things to get me to come home. So 9 months ago, charges were made. One account is in collections, husband making 75$ a month payments. Made 2 payments. Other account not in collections yet. Our house is very close to being condemned, so we must buy a house within say 2 years. Husband is 64, makes 24,000 year. I am 59, 10,000 a year disability (copd). We CAN NOT afford to pay these 2 accounts of total $6,000. Yet must be able to get a loan for retirement home at some point. I can not even start to figure this out. Do you have any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.
I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?
Thank you.