How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Mother has to my side of Florida (near Tampa). I was

Customer Question

Good Afternoon, My Mother has to my side of Florida (near Tampa). I was already in a one bed one bath and liked this small complex so moved into a two bed two bath with an attached garage. Since we've lived (since May 17) our air conditioning has been out. This week counts two times for over a week each time a l s o numerous times for 2 or 3 d a us. Tomorrow I'm going to look up the number. My Mother is terminal and it has stressful on both of us. They put a free standing across unit in but it does not cool the bedrooms. Now that I've given you a short I need to not if I can ask for specific compensation. My job is a temp job. I can apply if something opens but it's day to day and I said my Mother is terminal. I would like to 're q guest in writing that if my Mother passes or I lose my job my will be broken at no cost me or my Mom. Is that possible? Sorry for the book. Darsha XXXX
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

You can argue that the landlord is violating the terms of the lease agreement (breach of contract) by failing to properly maintain the unit.

You can negotiate a resolution with them to allow you to terminate the lease at your mother's passing instead of terminating the lease (or moving you to another unit now).

Get any such agreement in writing.

If you run into an impasse with them, contact your local bar association and ask them for referrals to landlord/tenant mediators - a third party neutral should be able to assist you in breaking through an impasse and reaching a mutually agreeable resolution without forcing you to go through the time and expense of litigation (small claims court on a breach of contract claim).

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your FREE advice but please cancel any further charges. I can't afford FREE.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.

Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

As an expert on the forum, I do not have any access to your account information, so you will want to contact our customer service at:, to confirm the status of your account and confirm further charges (they will promptly assist you).

Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.


Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't advertise FREE if you charge
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

Please contact Customer Service and let them know what the problem is with the advertising (I don't know what you saw or what the advertisement was, and I certainly don't want you to have been misled, so please let them know if there was a misunderstanding).

I do know that there is a free trial membership they were offering, but I do not know the details of their accounts or billing, I do know that the forum values its customer service very highly and they do want to hear from you, please use the link above to contact them.