How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the case of a reverse mortgage, in eviction, is there

Customer Question

In the case of a reverse mortgage, in eviction, is there generally some sort of court papers, or court notice?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Yes, there is. The tenant is entitled to notice, such as a 3 day notice for reasons for the eviction, and then the tenant is entitled to a copy of the complaint from the court that would provide the reasons for the eviction and a date of the hearing where the tenant can appear and plead his or her case. Once a decision is made, a copy of the order, typically called a 'writ of possession', would be provided to the tenant by the sheriff as proof of order when they attempt to eject the tenant from the premises.


Dimitry, Esq.