How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a telephone call from an individual telling me he

Customer Question

I received a telephone call from an individual telling me he is an investigator hired to find me because of a check I wrote 10 years ago in Massachusetts to a retailer bounced. He told me I am going to be served something tomorrow and possibly arrested! I wasn't aware of the situation because I moved and never received any notifications from the company who insured the check and paid the retailer. I am quite upset and scared and don't know what to do.
I hope you are able to give me an answer but I cannot pay since I have no money.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
He cannot have you arrested for the failure to pay a civil debt.
Did you write such a check ten years ago?