Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

TEMPORARY CLIMATE CONTROL- I rent & would like to know

Customer Question
what to ask for &...
TEMPORARY CLIMATE CONTROL- I rent & would like to know what to ask for & cost for the following: I have a SUNROOM(ALL WINDOWS) with 1 ONLY outlet- Need more power to operate an A/C, fax/printer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
8/13/2015
Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there --

-

Generally speaking, what you are permitted to do and not do in any rental unit is set forth in your lease. If acquiring additional power is something that the landlord did not agree to provide in the lease, then if you seek such an upgrade, you will be required to negotiate the issue with the Landlord to determine if he/she will pay for such upgrades or even permit such upgrades to occur (even if you agree to pay for them). There are no laws which require a landlord to pay for any of these upgrades and in the event that you do pay for them yourself with permission of the landlord, the law of fixtures requires that any upgrades you make to the property that are actually attached or are part of the property will become the property of the Landlord when you leave the premises.

Please let me know what additional questions that you have and I am happy to answer them for you. If not, can you please press a positive rating so I will be paid for my time assisting you today. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

MARY

ELECTRICIAN-TEMPORARY CLIMATE CONTROL- I rent & would like to know what to ask for & cost for the following: I have a SUNROOM(ALL WINDOWS) with 1 ONLY outlet- Need more power to operate an A/C, fax/printer

Hello again --

-

Initially, you asked a legal question in the landlord/tenant section. If you want to ask an additional question in the home improvement / electrical category, then you must press a positive rating on this question and open a new question in the home improvement category. -

THANK YOU

MARY

I assumed it would go to an electrician....I shouldn't have to pay for another question
I don't want a lawyer just an electrician...plzzzz???
Legalease
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer