How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26794
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Who do i contact about someone getting my cell phone info

Customer Question

Who do i contact about someone getting my cell phone info must recent and i have a lot of other things happen but i believe it the same person iwent to the celll store to purchase a cell and i saw a green van zooming in very fast she went in then she left just as i was comming in soon after my cell phone pin was change a false address was listed on my account and someone is sending messages on my account like it was there cell phone also my GPS stopped working its like a stalker im going to file a police report because i know the clerk has info on who is doing this i want to send them to jail file a civil suit becase i cannot take it anymore
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
>My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
Do you have an idea of who has been doing this? If so, these are criminal acts and you deal with it by going to the police, reporting the crime formally and letting them know that you want the person responsible for this prosecuted. If the police agree that there is probable cause to charge someone with a crime, they will turn the report over to the DA's Office for prosecution.
This would not stop you from suing civilly, if you have incurred damages due to this hacking. If you wanted to save yourself the legal fees, you could go forward in Florida small claims court, so long as your damages were no greater than $5,000, the maximum you can sue for in your state's small claims court.