CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I. involved. For.

Customer Question

I . involved. For. Car.actcedent.and.they.found.that.i.got.a.plaintiff.case.but.i.got.a.dismiss.paper.without.prejudice.the.date.is.6/19/13.and.the.police.give.me.a.soabpeona. to.appear.to.the.court.what.i.sopouse.to.do?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

If you have been subpoenaed, you need to appear in court as instructed or you will face a court order for "failure to appear"

If you do not know what the underlying action is that supported the subpoena there is a way to find out: (you will see a caption heading on the subpoena that gives you a case name and case number, as well as court information, you can use this to find more information about the case on the court's register of actions - many courts have online registers so you can do this from home, if your court does not, you will need to go to the courthouse and ask for the court records at the civil clerk's window).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Di.i.need.a.lawyer.to.go the.court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is.there.posibility.to.arrest.me.in.the
Court.if.they.findout.the.they.reopen.the.case

Is there something you did that was illegal? (DUI, etc.) that you are concerned about?

(Yes or no is fine, you don't need to post details on this public forum).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I.didin't.do. anything.

Then there is no need to worry.

If you are concerned about maintaining your rights for a civil case that you may want to pursue later, you may want to hire a lawyer to discuss this matter with, but if you are not interested in pursuing your case, and aren't worried about any criminal prosecution, all you need to do is show up at the given time and date.

If you cannot make the appearance, contact the attorney that issued the subpoena and see if you can reschedule (but plan on showing up on the date scheduled, and if they do reschedule, get it in writing).