How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4194
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a laser product from an establishment hair and it

Customer Question

I bought a laser product from an establishment for my hair and it does not work - at all. I signed a contract with them for one year treatment. I called them and told them the $900 laser product doesn't work and they told me to call the manufacturer of the product. I want to cancel my contract for them not standing behind what they sold me. Can I do that. Today is the third day after the purchase.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.
I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.
You do not indicate which state you are in. Each state laws is different in regard to cancellation. However, you should send an email to them canceling; also follow up with a letter. Send the letter certified mail.
Also if you paid with your credit card contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. Tell the credit card company that you purchased a defective product and the seller is not accepting it back.
You may also contact your State's Attorney General's Office of Consumer Protection and file a complaint against the company with that office. Often the Attorney General's Office can get you relief at no cost to you.
Another additional action is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
Finally, if necessary you can sue in small claims court. But that cost additional time and money. Pursue the other options first.
I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.
Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.
If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.
Good luck.
Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.