How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work local water company years, a new Board came in, they

Customer Question

I work for our local water company for 25 years, a new Board came in, they accused me unjustly of many things - ALL FOUND TO BE FALSE - but they took half of my retirement from me.............................................WHAT CAN I DO SINCE I WAS FOUND INNOCENT OF ALL CHARGES. IT WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A POLITICAL VENDETTA! I NEED HELP DESPERATELY AS WE HAVE NO MONEY TO LIVE ON!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

First off, I am sorry that you are having to go through this issue. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience handling matters such as this one. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

Due to the immediate impact of this on your finances, I think the best course of action at the moment is for you to file for injunctive relief against the company. In seeking an injunction, you are attempting to force the company to restore, immediately, your retirement. A court can issue an injunction against the company which would prevent them from taking this action and order them to immediately restore your retirement. You can seek an emergency injunction in order to get a hearing as soon as possible.

In order to win the injunction, you must prove that there is no other way to get this relief without court intervention, that if the court does not intervene you will receive irreparable harm and that the actions of the company are inequitable or unfair. Based on what you have shared with me, I think you have a very good shot at getting the injunction from the court and having your retirement restored.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please also rate my answer positively.

Best wishes going forward!

Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any additional questions or comments? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks