P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

Can I have a title that I improve and use over a 15 years

Customer Question

Can I have a title for land that I improve and use over a 15 years
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
depends on the state...what state was this in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ohio
Thank you. You have seven years to go. That is, under Ohio law, you can gain title to real property if you possess the property against the will of the owner for at least 22 years.
You have to have continuous position for the 22 years; if you have had 15 years so far? Then you have seven years to go before you can claim title.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.