Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Need to ask a question

Customer Question

Hello.
need to ask a question
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
Sure. What can I answer for you?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello
i am an escort.i was going out with a man in delaware county.we rented a house together.for 41/2 years .i bought alot of stuff like furniture pictures etc boat..and he gave me a hard time getting my belongings out.he found another woman.and i get a few things out.but alot of stuff there.he also had a yard sale knowing i was in Florida. Which i lived in also..i am taking him to civil court this thursday.he claims he telling the judge i am. An escort.can i get in trouble for that.or just drop this case altogether..i going after him for 5700.00 which is wat i left there..twice i try moving myself and he made a fool out of me.beside flying into Philly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He took all the high ticket stuff out of the house.the dsy i was moving .my family help me that day to move.he started a fight with my son.follow us all over the house
we had to call the cops.my family wanted to get out of thete.he rush us out
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
1) Is your name on the home?
2) What state is this in (Delaware County can be in many states, so I need to know)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was on the lease.after i move out .i ask the landlord to break the lease.he move in his friend guy.and was seeing another woman.but at the time yes i wason the lease.but no more.aston pa.we live and that where the court hearing is
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he showing the judge my website but this is not about wat i do for a living? Its about belongings being withal
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
Well as you may know, being an escort is illegal if it involves sexual activity. In PA, a person commits the crime of prostitution by engaging in sexual activity for money. 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 5902.
Now, if he claims this, it is unlikely that the Judge in CIVIL Court is going to really care. After all, this is a small claims court and the Judge will interested more in the property issue. Unless you being an escort somehow ties into the situation (which I do not see how), it should not be an issue. Also, he may be incriminating himself by implying or stating that he purchased services from you, since this is also illegal under 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 5902.
As such, he may be harming himself as well if he states anything. AND/OR, it is unlikely that the small claims court Judge would really care, although there is always a possibility that the Judge may feel the need to instruct their clerk to call the authorities. However, this scenario is unlikely.
And I would take down the site.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so there might be a possibility i can go to jail? He is using my site and my ads.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
I highly doubt it.
IF he brings this up, the Court may not even care.
IF it does, then they may let the authorities know. If so, the authorities would interview someone in your situation (if they do ask to talk, use counsel) and will take months to decide whether or not even to charge someone. Then, there is no guarantee of a conviction, and even with a conviction, no guarantee that punishment will involve jail time.
Gentle Reminder: Please, use the REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or rate positively and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have an email from him stating i dont have a leg to stand on and i going to lie in court.i printed that out.i have pictures of all the junk he put outside... receipt i dont have and that may be a big issue too
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
I think he is attempting to scare you. And it seems to be working. You may wish to talk to an attorney face to face and retain an attorney to help you with the case.
Please understand that it is in his best interest to scare you - do not let him bully you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok yes i scare of him.and i am open the can of worms on my escorting to a judge..i isusing this against me in the legal system. ..
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
It may hurt him as much as it hurts you if he implicates himself as a client of yours.
I would retain counsel here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you telling me to go thur withthe hearing
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
This is your decision. I cannot tell you what to do. I assumed you did still wish to do so. Of course someone in your situation can always drop the suit.