Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I work in a famous company

Customer Question
Hello...
Hello
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Anybody?
Hello I have a disciplinary hearing. I accepted mu fault. Can you tell advise me what should I say in the hearing please?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Been waiting for more than 10 minutes. Not reliable at all.
8/10/2015
Lawyer: jwfourieatt,
 replied 2 years ago
jwfourieatt

Good Afternoon.

Please consider that this is a public holiday and that we freelance at Just Answer. I will try and answer your question by the end of the day, however.

Am I to understand that you pleaded guilty at the hearing?

exactly. Oh I'm sorry, I wasnot aware it was public holiday. Thank you for your response.
Lawyer: jwfourieatt,
 replied 2 years ago

Just to confirm: Your question does relate to South African Law?

no, i just ned hlep how to proceed for a disciplinary hearing
Are you the right person to whom I can share the problem or not? I have limited time to prepare for my hearing.
Lawyer: jwfourieatt,
 replied 2 years ago

I am a South African attorney, though. So, if your question does not relate to South African Labour Law, I cannot assist.

Which country are you in?

UAE
I believe advising on A disciplinary hearing is quite a common thing.
Lawyer: jwfourieatt,
 replied 2 years ago

Unfortunately I would not be able to assist, but I will refer it to a category moderator in order to move it to the correct category.

will i need to pay more?
Lawyer: jwfourieatt,
 replied 2 years ago

No I don't think so.

is it today that someone will contact me or tomorrow. Because my hearing is tomorrow. All I need is some advice on how to defend myself for my hearing.
Lawyer: jwfourieatt,
 replied 2 years ago

I don't know, unfortunately. If you want a quicker response, I suggest that you contact Just Answer directly through their 'contact us' page.

Nevermind!! Very disappointe with the aervice.
disappointed
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question.
I apologize but live phone calls, unlike in other sections on JustAnswer.com, can be deemed practice of law which is forbidden by state laws as we do not and cannot represent you in any legal matter. I would be happy to continue with you in this forum if you would like to use reply. Thank you for understanding.
Do you still require assistance?
You said you did disclose confidential information, was this a violation of the employer's policy?
I do
But I think Nobody is able to help me despite I paid for the services
I just want help like someone explain me how a disciplinary hearing works in general?
I understand it varies from countries to countries but I just need an overview
Thank you for your reply.
The way this hearing will work, in general, is that the employer will present their case evidence first. This means they present the information that they received from your ex boyfriend and they would then argue as to why this information you disclosed to your boyfriend violates the employer's policy. Then once they present this evidence, you have the chance to present your witnesses and evidence in your defense.
If you cannot deny telling your boyfriend this information, you are going to have to argue that the information was not confidential and could have been obtained anywhere. You also need to argue in your defense that the information was not used against the company and that the company suffered no harm at all from this. You need to also argue that at the time there was a confidential relationship between you and your boyfriend and that the disclosure would have gone nowhere if it were not now for spite because your boyfriend is upset that you are no longer together.
This is really all you can do in this type of situation if you cannot prove and argue that you never made such a disclosure and that everything your boyfriend is saying is a lie and you do not know where he found out the information.
Alright. Thank you. Also I find this weird. In their first letter they said: Allegation of your passing personal information to external parties. And for the disciplinary hearing they say: Alleged of inappropriate use of personal information.
Then thing is that yes as per the circumstances I agreed my fault I shared that information but was not in a bad faith or bad intention.
as a matter of fact no prejudice has been caused so far.
But is it possible for them to change their allegation?
Thank you for your reply.
The allegations are essentially the same, passing information to third parties is considered inappropriate use of that information, so it really is not changing allegations.
You need to defend yourself based on the fact no harm occurred though.
Fine thanks 😊
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney