How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been in an on and off again relationship with a women

Customer Question

I have been in an on and off again relationship with a women for 10 years. I tried to break up with her 2 months ago and we had a fight the cops where called because she is on SSI and called the crisis line saying I was threatning her. When I got out of jail she had moved our belongings to the new residence I found. She has been harresing me ever since and left over a month ago. Last night I was served with a protection order for her to get the premises. The order was issued the day after I told her not to contact me anymore. She is using the system to be vindictive and I want to begin filling harresment charges of my own and get defense for the upcoming court date.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
Please tell me what is the question in this regard?
What information can I provide for you?
If you receive an invite to participate in a phone call, that is automatically generated by this site. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site, but we can continue here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like a direction to head in. Should I call the seattle police department and file harassment charges asking for a no contact order of my own?
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.


Thank you

Yes, you can do that if you can show that you are being harassed. And Washington state will allow a CIVIL ANTI HARASSMENT ORDER. They are issued on a Temporary Basis and then a hearing is required, where she will need to appear and show cause as to why it should not be made permanent.

A no contact order is generally issued in Domestic Violence cases and when charges of that nature are filed, that order is automatically issued.

If you are concerned about preventing the her from disposing of assets during your separation, you would consider a restraining order.

Those are the 3 types of such orders that may be issued. I suggest the Civil Anti harassment Order is the one you might consider.

I suggest you will want to be as detailed as possible for the order to be issued - In other words, you should have dates and incidents of where you were when she was harassing you and the dates you told her to stop the harassment.

Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you