How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can parents legally evict an adult child if they refuse to

Customer Question

Can parents legally evict an adult child if they refuse to leave?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard, since the professional you requested is not available at this time
Yes, an adult child may be evicted if they refuse to leave. You can go to the clerk of the court and request the necessary documents to file for an eviction of a non paying "lodger" The clerk will give you that information.
Generally a Notice to vacate by a certain date is the first step.
If you tell me the state, I can provide more information on the eviction process.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.
Thank you