How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend has installed spyware on my phone and is

Customer Question

My boyfriend has installed spyware on my phone and is monitoring my calls and messages. How can I take legal action against this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to ensure that he can no longer monitor my phone and messages.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is illegal electronic surveillance and computer hacking to install such software on anyone's phone without their consent. You need to take your phone to the police and have them investigate and they would pursue criminal charges if you would like to do so. You can also sue him in civil court for invasion of privacy and the illegal surveillance and seek money damages.
If you do not want to pursue criminal charges, you would need to take the phone to your local phone store or computer store to have them get into the phone and remove the software from the phone.