How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have primary placement of my daughter. I live in Wisconsin

Customer Question

I have primary placement of my daughter. I live in Wisconsin and I'm looking to buy a house in Illinois less than 50 miles away. Is there a certain form I need to give my daughters mother notice or is a hand written letter enough?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
This depends...what does the child custody order state regarding this? Generally speaking the order will prohibit moving from the state without permission from the court. What does your order say about this (if anything)?