How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9389
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter went to hospital err was refused treatment

Customer Question

My daughter went to hospital err was refused treatment unless three thousand dollar deposit,is on welfare. Went to another hospital was admitted to ICU ,was very sick. Can I sue the original hospital that turned her away? They are even billing her for three thousand for no treatment
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear this.
It sounds like she has a valid claim for malpractice in addition to a claim under EMTALA, see which is a federal law that generally forbids an emergency room from refusing to at least evaluate any person who comes in seeking emergency medical care.
She can get a free consultation from some of the medical malpractice attorneys listed by location at
I would urge her to follow up on this with a local attorney.
I hope this information is helpful.