How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33128
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have in my possesion a notaruzed documented that states upon

Customer Question

Have in my possesion a notaruzed documented that states upon my death the business goes to (self) for long years of faithful service. It is a buy sell document. I am in NC. My partner expired in June. Have not shown the document to heirs, they knew it was to pass to me. It is a restaurant that I helped him not go bankrupt. I have been working there for 37 years. Am in a quandry as how to proceed.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
Since the partner's interest is now part of the estate you need to present it to the executor to begin the transfer of the interest in accordance with the terms of the buy-sell.
If they refuse, you will need to sue.
Best regards.