Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am going to market pure coconut oil as a personal

Customer Question

I am going to market pure virgin coconut oil as a personal lubricant. Do i need fda approval?. If so, can you help and approx. What would it cost
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
FDA approval is not necessary for a natural product as they do not control those products at this point. FDA does not have any tests required for any particular natural product or ingredient of this nature, but you are responsible for ensuring that your product is safe when it is used according to labeled directions, or in the way it is customarily used.