How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have this question. My daughter lives in El Cajon San

Customer Question

I have this question. My daughter lives in El Cajon San Diego. One day she tied her puppy out in her backyard. When she went back out to get her puppy to bring it back in fhe house, the puppy was gone. She looked all over for it, but couldn't find it. My daughter then put posters up all over hoping to find the puppy. But, no one called her to say they seen it. No one called her about the puppy. Until two months later. My daughter heard from a dog pound that told her that they had her puppy. She found out that two police officers came into her back yard and untied her puppy & took it to the pound. They didn't tell her why. They didn't even let her know anything. Finally the other day she received a letter in the mail stating that the court had a warrant for her arrest & that she had to pay $5000 dollars for her bail for refusing to show up in court. My daughter said she never received anything stating that she had to appear in court. What can she do? She's confused, she doesn't understand why the warrent, she doesn't have anywhere near $5000 dollars for the bail, and she can't even afford an attorney!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.
I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?