Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I'm a bartender in Myrtle Beach sc I 't allow minors to sit

Customer Question

I'm a bartender in Myrtle Beach sc I don't allow minors to sit at the bar....was told today by my fb director that they can and he would accept responsibility for it. That is not how I was trained. I as the bartender is responsible for the bar...no one can tell me to break the law...Is this correct
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a Florida licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this dilemma that you are having.
There is no law that I am aware of, that would prohibit a minor child or someone under the age of 21 to sit or stand at the bar in a restaurant or another establishment, as long as, the minor child is not served any alcoholic beverages.
I hope this would clear any confusion and wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Do you have any related follow up questions?