How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117458
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A judge made a mistake. I requested a trial by jury .The

Customer Question

a judge made a mistake . I requested a trial by jury .The evidence supports my request .How do I present it to the court
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Where did you get the documents from? Are you on appeal? Please explain what is going on here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no incompetence
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell us more please?
Where are these documents from? They will need to be authenticated in court from someone from the office where the documents come from? Also, what is your case that you are trying to prove?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The documents have been certified by the court.. Trying to prove fraud occurred
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All I want is the Judge to correct his mistake Is that possible.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Okay, so if they are court documents, certified by the clerk, then when you are arguing your case, you can introduce them as certified self authenticating documents that prove the point you are trying to make in the court about the fraud.
So you raise your issue of fraud, then you tell the court you have evidence in the form of authenticated court records that support your contention and then you produce them to the court and give a copy to the opposing side. That is all you need to do with the documents and the documents in court are considered to speak for themselves, except you can explain how they are relevant to your issue.
If it is an administrative error, then this can be done by filing a motion for correction nunc pro tunc, meaning correction of error and you can attach the documents to the motion and explain in the motion as to what the mistake is and how the documents prove the mistake. Most times this means it can be corrected without any hearing.