How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know if its possible to file a Defamation

Customer Question

I would like to know if its possible to file a Defamation law suit on my ex-husbands current wife. She sent a friend of mine a text message calling my family rapist. & the latest one she posted a old picture of me cropped out my face and put something else and posted it online. Anything I can do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Yes, you can indeed file suit for defamation of character and also for harassment and cyber bullying. You can pursue her for damages to your reputation if you sue civilly, or you can also file for a restraining order on basis of harassment so that she is no longer able to contact you without violating the judicial order.


Dimitry, Esq.