How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A male friend of mine is going through a divorce in Florida,

Customer Question

A male friend of mine is going through a divorce in Florida, his wife has been cheating on him for two years and the divorce has gotten ugly. I am female, live in Houston, TX and have reconnected with this male after we dated 25 years ago. We speak over the phone primarily and I have been to Florida once in the seven months since we have reconnected.
I need an attorney to send this women a Cease and Desist letter for Defamation of Character.
I am a career professional in the medical field, I contribute to my community, volunteer and the medical practice I work for deals with high profile patients. This women has perjured herself and has made false defamatory statements about me in court, this will all be public record once the divorce is over. I would like to force her to stop and to have my name stricken or expunged from the divorce documents. These allegations could ruin my career. Please advise.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I do not participate in the phone calls offered by this website, however. If you want, we can continue here. Also, please note that we are precluded from representing customers of this site. But I can provide you with the language you could use in a cease and desist letter that you can mail to her yourself. Please let me know if you want to continue with an understanding of these terms.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. In regards ***** ***** phone calls, that is not a problem I understand. I already have a template that can be used to send her the letter, however, I would like to know what type of attorney I need to reach out to? Civil? Criminal?...
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.


Thank you. You will need a civil litigation attorney who knows defamation cases. Also, once you sent the letter, and if she continues you can contact the District Attorney and file criminal harassment charges. You will have a copy of your cease and desist letter that you mailed CERTIFIED with a RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED to show that you put her on Notice and yet she continues to harass and annoy.