Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Re:removal of current power of attorney we were told by a LV

Customer Question
NV Social Worker that a...
Re:removal of current power of attorney we were told by a LV NV Social Worker that a document from the patients DR,stating he is of sound body and mind to dictate a letter stating his wishes which are to excuse,current PO Immediately.Is there any other
way to go arround this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
may i please get an answer re my question ASAP?
can I get my last question answered
I don't need to talk on the phone
thankyou
Answered in 1 day by:
8/5/2015
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.
I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.
I am sorry for the delayed response to you. I have been away and this is the first that I saw your post.
The Power of Attorney is a grant of authority that can be removed at any time by the grantor. It is an authority which is granted so that the POA may act for the benefit of the Grantor.
If you believe that the Grantor is not mentally capable of handling their personal affairs, and may be subject to the undo influence of others, the remedy is to seek a Guardianship over that person. In a Guardianship the court declares the person not competent and grants to the Guardian powers to act for and on behalf of the person (who would be declared a "WARD" of the Guardian).
A Guardianship is an involved and complex procedure and you would need local counsel to assist you with it. Use the following link to find an "Elder Law" or "Family Law" attorney to assist you:
http://www.findlaw.com/?DCMP=GOO-FLAW_Brand-Name&HBX_PK=findlaw+com
Again, I apologize for the delay, but this was the first opportunity that I became aware of your posting. Please note that I am independent from Just Answer, and I hope you do not hold the delay against me.
I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.
Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.
If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.
Good luck.
Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.
Hello:
These articles may be helpful to you in understanding the process relating to Guardianships.
https://www.caring.com/articles/adult-guardianship
http://family.findlaw.com/guardianship/guardianship-of-incapacitated-or-disabled-persons.html
Good luck to you.
Kind regards,
Gerald
did someone answer my question about power of attorney
Hello:
I thought I did respond, in that the patient may change their POA designation at any time, or revoke it.
If I am mis-understanding your question I apologize. Perhaps a phone conversation would clarify it if you wish
I will post an offer for additional services that you can accept or reject.
Kind regards,
Gerald
HELLO!!!!!
Hello Wendy.
I am sorry we seem to be missing each other. Did you get the additional services offer?
Kind regards,
Gerald
Hello:
I am very sorry that we have been unable to connect. Unfortynately, I am now not going to be available for several days.
I will opt out so that hopefully someone else will be able to assist you.
I sincerely ***** ***** inconvenience.
Do not rate or reply to this post so that your question remains open for thers to assist you.
Good luck.
Kind regards,
Gerald
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
New Expert here.
An adult is presumed to be competent unless a court finds otherwise.
The POA can be revoked in the same manner it was created, by a written statement that must be notarized in most states. If you tell me which State this is in, I can research whether t has to be notarized or not.
The revocation is effective upon delivery to the person who has the POA.
Please let me know if you need more information prior to rating my answer.
I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer