How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We need help on the following: 1. Filing of Minor's

Customer Question

We need help on the following:
1. Filing of Minor's Compromise for Wrongful Death settlement in Orange County Southern California.
A. The proper procedure of filing including the proper forms.
B. Proper distribution of proceeds.
C. Approval of Contingency Atty. Fees.
Case involves decedent who died in a 3 car collision. 1 Defendant settled for $100,000 to be distributed to wife and 3 minor children, 13 yrs, 10 yrs & 4 yrs old. Other Defendant only has 15/30 and still unsettled.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer, I am very sorry to learn of the death in your family.

If you are being represented by counsel, the attorney should be guiding you through this process.

However, if you are not, the California Courts have a very good flow chart to help you (complete with all necessary forms and information - it is probably worth reviewing even if your attorney is going to file the paperwork for you).

Here is the link for Orange County Court:

Use the drop down menus for links to fillable Court forms and additional information and step by step instructions.