Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

We need help on the following: 1. Filing of Minor's

Customer Question
We need help on the...
We need help on the following:
1. Filing of Minor's Compromise for Wrongful Death settlement in Orange County Southern California.
A. The proper procedure of filing including the proper forms.
B. Proper distribution of proceeds.
C. Approval of Contingency Atty. Fees.
Case involves decedent who died in a 3 car collision. 1 Defendant settled for $100,000 to be distributed to wife and 3 minor children, 13 yrs, 10 yrs & 4 yrs old. Other Defendant only has 15/30 and still unsettled.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 4 days by:
8/8/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

Dear Customer, I am very sorry to learn of the death in your family.

If you are being represented by counsel, the attorney should be guiding you through this process.

However, if you are not, the California Courts have a very good flow chart to help you (complete with all necessary forms and information - it is probably worth reviewing even if your attorney is going to file the paperwork for you).

Here is the link for Orange County Court: http://www.occourts.org/directory/probate/probate-case-types/minors-compromise.html

Use the drop down menus for links to fillable Court forms and additional information and step by step instructions.

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney