Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767,
8402582

I am an American citizen and I have a passport, Nexus and I

Customer Question

I am an American citizen and I have a passport, Nexus and I would like to be prescreened prior to going through your security line. I am 79 years young I would love to avoid the standing and waiting in the long line. How can I qualify for such a passage?
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces.

Also, if you want me to be your personal TSA Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: If you are enrolled in NEXUS, then you were issued a membership card. On the back of that card is a PASS ID. That is your trusted traveler number. You need to put that number in the Known Traveler Number field when you are booking your flight.

Keep in mind that even if you put that number in, you are not always guaranteed expedited screening. To increase security measures, the TSA randomizes when a person with a PASS ID will be eligible for expedited screening through TSA PreCheck.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!

Expert:  Briarcliff767 replied 2 years ago.
HiMy name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.To answer your question you can call the TSA Cares line and they can have a specialist there ready for you when you arrive to get you screened quicker and when you want to.Travelers may call TSA Cares toll free at 1-***-***-**** prior to traveling with questions about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint. TSA Cares will serve as an additional, dedicated resource specifically for passengers with disabilities, medical conditions or other circumstances or their loved ones who want to prepare for the screening process prior to flying. Travelers may also request a Passenger Support Specialist ahead of time by calling the TSA Cares hotline at 1-***-***-****.