How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was arrested of a controlled substance and

Customer Question

My husband was arrested for possession of a controlled substance for sales and partisapation in a criminal street gang they didn't find anything on him it was in his friends car that was driving and the report says they turned around after seeing him cause
he looked like a gang member should he take the 1year with a strike or fight it
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the drugs were not on him and it was a friend's car, he should not take the deal and should fight the charges. They would have to prove he knew the drugs were in the car, since the car did not belong to him, and if they cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt he knew the drugs were in the car, they are not going to convict him.