How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help with lawyers inmates because they were beaten up

Customer Question

I need help with lawyers for five inmates because they were beaten up in the Santa Ana Jail 550 N Flower ST this been going on for mouths .On July 17 ,2015 at 10:46 pm the deputys went cell to cell and beat up one was taken to the hospital and that was Robert l Dennis I don't know the other inmates names I visit ROBERT L DENNIS Saturday and he had two black eyes and seven burn mark s on hes body form being tased or stun gun same thing .The five inmates need somebody too help them
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
To be clear
The Correction Officer beat up the inmates?
Has a report been made? If so, with who?
Has this been investigated by any agency?
What have you done to try to locate an attorney?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No report i was told that one of the inmate's have to report this trying to get someone to investigate this i call but they want to know what happened
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.


Thank you. I suggest you consider the following

1 - Contact the Department of Justice and file a complaint about what is happening. Let the DOJ investigate. Once they make a conclusion and rule that the Correctional Officers have violated civil rights, you will then consider

2 - Contacting the CA Bar Association for a legal referral service and request an attorney who will take the matter on contingency against the state.

Here is the contact for the DOJ

Special Litigation Section at(###) ###-#### ***** may also write to:

U.S. Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
Special Litigation Section, PHB***** NW
Washington, D.C. 20530

And here is the contact for the CA Bar Association. (###) ###-####

Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.

You also could discuss the matter with a local attorney first and have them request the investigation.