How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41650
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My uncle borrowed money like 10.00,20.00,140.00 etc. from my

Customer Question

my uncle borrowed money like 10.00,20.00,140.00 etc. from my husband and my husband paid his electric bills for him many of times and he would come by and borrow money on his land and a contract was wrote up on the land saying how much he sold the land for and it was notarized and sign by my uncle. now my cousin is wanting to say that my uncle cant do anything without him and I asked them to pay my husband back for the money he was out over 3yrs paying and letting my uncle borrow money. my husband wrote down what he borrowed but didn't get my uncle to sign the paper where he wrote it down. this has been going on for 3yrs with my uncle borrowing money. what can my husband do to get his money back r the land. the cousin said they will try to get my husband money back and this have been going on for two months saying that they r going to get his money and I called my cousin but they want return my call.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

Your husband can sue him here in small claims court in Texas up to $10k.You would then be able lien the property with such a judgment.You are claiming there was an oral contract with uncle to repay the funds.He can do this without a lawyer.

Here is reference and self help to do that.

You can also ask the court to award you filing fees on top of the $10k or the amount owed to husband.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

Step by step here to help him file in small claims here in Texas in JP court..

If you can leave a positive rating it is always very much appreciated..