How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lucy!I am Xxxxxxxxxxxxx. I have been living

Customer Question

Hello Lucy!
I am Xxxxxxxxxxxxx. I have been living in my deceased mom's apt. for nearly 22+ yrs. at 37-17 34th Avenue, L.I.C., NY 11101.
mOM PASSED IN MAY 2010. Several months passed and I found that my name was never placed on the lease after her death, only my brother's. He lives here as well.
I was in Graduate school at Columbia U. 2000 when I was diagnosed with adult on-set diabetes and renal failure. I was on dialysis for nearly 10 yrs. and just received a renal transplant in May of 2013. It took my a full year to recover and I was in and out of the hospital from May 2013 to June 2014.
While ill, my brother Robert, brought men into the house and slept with them in my bedroom! He only just admitted his homosexual proclivities and so for the entire year 2013-2014, this activity continued. Adittionally, unknown to me, he took all the savings, checking, CDS and the house in FreshMeadows, sold it for $340,000 and refused to give me a cent. Several times he has told me to, " Get the f**k-out! " So that he may bring his lovers in the apt. to live here with me gone. I am on disability, I am blind in my left eye, am insulin dependent and need constant med visits to my renal Drs for check ups.
Can I at least get my name on the lease even though I am disabled? Any help you may give would be appreciated.
Carol M.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carol,

Thank you for requesting me. I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble.
Succession rights in this type of situation are beyond the type of thing I normally do, so I'm going to open your question up to the other experts. Please do not reply, as that can cause delays. Good luck.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your post. A different professional here. Lucy asked me to help you if I can. Do you mind if I assist, or do you only wish to work with Lucy? Please advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Carol,
I do apologize but I do not engage in phone calls as it may create an issue with my bar certification. I can, however, discuss via Skype. Please let me know if that is acceptable, and if so, I would be happy to provide you with an additional service request.
Dimitry, Esq.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lucy please call me asap at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Ma'am, Lucy opted out as this is not her expertise. If that is the only person with whom you are seeking a conversation, I will be happy to opt out and close out this question for you.

Related Legal Questions