How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34057
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just ask a question about colorado divorce and will. If an

Customer Question

I just ask a question about colorado divorce and will. If an alternate personal representative is made, will the intention of the will remain in force. Properties are held either jointly or in our general partnership name. IN OTHER WORDS will the intent
that my wife and partner made clear be held as to me the ex-spouse by the new pr?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for following up.
The probate court will treat the ex spouse as if she predeceased the decedent. In other words, the will remains in force as to other lawful provisions, but the ex spouse is eliminated from any bequest or nomination as representative.
That said, it is always advisable after a divorce to revoke the existing will and create a new one, rather than amend the existing one, so as to avoid any confusion or complication.
Best regards.