How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I was placed on felony probation I did. Not comply and

Customer Question

If I was placed on felony probation I did. Not comply and then I was sent to state prison. I completed my parole and gave them ba c k my state number. Now I was just notified of $651.00 is owed to me and now the probation department is getting it. I am disabled. Collecting $1377.00 a month from s.s.d.I and pay over $800.00 rent am I responsible to pay probation after I did all my time and effort I did disabled. Thank you XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:
1) The $651.00 - where is that money from? In other words, who paid it? SSA, or, someone else, etc?
2) Are you saying that the probation department is receiving ALL of your disability pay? Or just that $651? And if so, why?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.