How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 30168
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lucy I need to know how to get an attorney I can trust .

Customer Question

Lucy I need to know how to get an attorney I can trust . Like a moth ago I am trying to get a police report and and find out what he did or not . and he has not about the sexual arrest and made me feel like why why so long? AnswerI have report.only one
of me . I filed with my HMO in DEC 201 . But not the seval ..waiting for dilute over my credit card they depted an had me under the the chair on meds and , Continually calling them etc. may I not request what he wrote etc . months waiting for those , family
emergercy, too much stress knew dentist ,the board ,hot lines etc.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble.
I wish there were an easy way to find a lawyer who's a good fit, but there's really no shortcuts. It can take a while. You may wind up talking to several before you find one who really understands what you want to get out of the case.
The site I usually recommend is, because you can sometimes read client reviews. Find a couple that seem good based on reviews and their websites, then call and request a consultation. That's the best way when you can't get a personal referral from someone you know who's worked with the lawyer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You did not answer the police respond to . By law doesn't,t he have to tell him what was addressed and question of police report be . He really made me feel yesterday when asking for repot number. That he had a real emergency and I I said well after that could u call me. I am finding many bad blogs with that whole group along with 1 or 2 . Have already been taken to the board for fraud and other things not specified.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry. I thought you meant you wanted a lawyer to talk to the police for you.
The police department should give you a copy of the report when it's done. If they haven't done it yet, call and talk to someone in charge to find out what the hold-up is. You should be able to have them mail it to you, and you don't need a lawyer to do that. The other option is to visit the police department to get it, but you want to be sure they have it done before you take time to do that.
A lawyer can subpoena the dentist's records and any documentation he sent to your insurance company. If you wind up representing yourself, after you file the lawsuit, the clerk of the court will give you a blank subpoena.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I called and again they said the report not son e and then said call Sunday and I heard that last week and when I called for case number ***** can not find,they said oh he is on duty So now some womancopis going to call me today .I don't understand the police do not do anything dental board nothing and driver insurance called and said not medical damages WHERE ISTHELAW. THE ACCIDENT HASCAUSEMEBIG PROBLEMS TRIGGER OLDNECK ANDHEADACHES ETCSO AND SHE WAS HIGH ON SPEED or something and approx 12 yr decusted with mom . I am so mad that my concern was getting him home compared to another hour for police. Now I feel like calling up this person that insurance I could get chiropractic work etc. Car was all ready banged up and I asked her about it and she said she left to remind her to no hit anyone else. I do no understand this world. Called another Dentist Dr Sam Faso be mistake and asked what I wante . And set the phonedown then at 5 pm hung up. that dentist first one in to work on me who didn't know what his staff a
Was doingfom stealing to no paper work or prices he just had me and my 1 documents that were way over charge . Still did nothing about veneer chipped. I couldnotbelieve it I already had been scammed into thevennersand his root canal that all veneer s fell off. His office s bathroom was full of mold. He credited mye a500. Charge because not on paper .then I said problem with your staffby no paperwork ,recite from mm depting my card with out mypermisson etc.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time.
Police have a lot of cases, and they have discretion when deciding whether to move forward with something. But you can sue even if they don't decide to arrest him, because that is your right under the civil system. Everyone has a right to their day in court.
If he IS convicted if a crime, that makes your civil case easier. But you can still win if he isn't.