Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

I have a Global Entry card and I am travelling with my husband

Customer Question

I have a Global Entry card and I am travelling with my husband today. My boarding pass from Southwest does not say TSA pre check, yet my husband's boarding pass DOES have TSA pre check....and he doesn't have a Global entry card.
Can I still use the TSA precheck lane and go through the process with him at the same time?
Expert:  Cerecita replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

If your boarding pass does not have your KTN (Known Traveler Number) or Pass ID number and does not say 'TSA Precheck,' you have not been selected for Precheck on this particular flight. The Precheck process is random and not every flight you're booked on will have it on your boarding pass. Here is more information from TSA:

https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/likelihood-receiving-tsa-precheckR

https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/frequently-asked-questions

Also, make sure that all airlines where you are a frequent flyer, have you on their list for having GOES and therefore, qualifying also, for Precheck.

I hope this helped and wish you and your husband safe travel!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.

Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.

Warmest regards,
Cher