How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33555
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lakewood Washington city has just passed regulation stopping

Customer Question

Lakewood Washington city has just passed regulation stopping selling at flea market from 360 days a year to 180 limiting the income of several hundred sellers, what to do? Demmos
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. There are really only two choices. The first method is to get as many people together as you can and approach the city council. However, before you do that you may want to do a little research and see if you can figure out why they made the change in the first place. The second approach is to file a lawsuit seeking an injunction to prevent the city from enforcing the regulation. However, there's no way to tell at this point what the actual grounds for the cause of action would be. My guess would be the city is doing it to "protect local merchants", I've seen that excuse used before, and if so there can be some type of civil rights claim possibly an equal protection argument, but that's just a guess and you would have to have a sit down meeting with a local lawyer and let them do a complete evaluation to know what type of lawsuit might be possible and what your chances would be of success. If your question has been answered completely then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.