How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26785
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am wanting to kick my stepson out of my house. He has stolen

Customer Question

I am wanting to kick my stepson out of my house. He has stolen from me several times . I have asked him to leave but he will not. I am so close to getting physical with him but don't want to get in trouble. what do I need to do to get him out
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
You can report the thefts and get him prosecuted. The court will issue you a protective order and he will be required to live elsewhere while the case is pending and, if convicted, for a period of time afterwards to be determined by the judge. Alternatively, you could seek an eviction. You would start that process by giving him written notice to vacate. Just asking him to leave is not enough.