Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

My judge (federal) signed a motion letting me off superviory

Customer Question

my judge (federal) signed a motion letting me off superviory release. Am I done now free to travel and live where i want
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
If you are unsupervised now and have no further reporting requirements, you should be free to do what you like within the limits of the law, of course and so long as you do not get in further trouble with the criminal justice system, you should be okay.
If you do still have obligations to the court and probation, however, you must still abide by them, and it would be in your interest to talk to your lawyer and/or your former PO to clarify those obligations, just in case before making any big life changing decisions before your sentence is completely discharged and your case closed.