Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I recently purchased a vehicle, 3pm Thursday 07/23/15 and now

Customer Question

I recently purchased a vehicle, 3pm Thursday 07/23/15 and now I do not like the vehicle, It is Sat. 7/25/15 9 pm. I think I remember the salesman saying I had a three day window to possibly back out of the deal in which we are to finance the used vehicle. Do I? Tomorrow is Sunday, the third day, and the dealership is closed. Unfortunately today I tried to call the dealer and it had just closed. Does the seller have any obligations for me to turn down the contract in this time frame in Illinois?
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Under Illinois law, there is no law that gives a person the RIGHT to cancel within 3 days......instead, the person is 100% committed the moment he/she signs the contract. Here's a good link to the Illinois Attorney General's office that outlines this issue and the fact that there is no right to rescind the contract within 3 days: http://www.ag.state.il.us/consumers/auto.html
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
However, if the purchase agreement/contract provides that you have 3 days to cancel, then you would have a right under that contract......so you'll need to review the document and determine whether or not you have this right under the contract.