TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

If I bring a case to an attorney that he accepts in which I

Customer Question

If I bring a case to an attorney that he accepts in which I am not the plaintiff.A class action for example how can i get paid?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. To clarify, are you asking if you can get a finders fee for bringing a case to an attorney?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The case is a Rocco case in which I am not the plaintiff.
But the lawyers need my expertise.
Case is worth billions
I do I get remunerated?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again. If the attorneys need your expertise, then you can certainly work out a deal with them where you are compensated as a consultant or expert witness (or both). That is permissible. However, a finder's fee is not permissible. So, the bot***** *****ne is that whether or not you can get paid depends on the arrangement between you and the attorneys. I will point out, however, that it would not be permissible to be paid a percentage of a court award. Instead, you'd have to charge a flat fee or hourly fee that is not connected to the amount awarded. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied, and please remember to provide positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does a retainer of .5 million
With an hourly rate of 5,000 per hour sound right?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again. That figure sounds quite high. I would be surprised if any attorney were willing to pay those fees. But on the other hand, I suppose it depends on what you actually bring to the table. Since I don't know, I can't comment on whether that amount sounds right or not. You'll need to present the entire case to an attorney, and then negotiate your fees.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
You are quite welcome. Thank you for using our service, and please remember to provide positive feedback!