Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What is the policy on makeup in the TSA Pre Approved line?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
7/24/2015
Lawyer: Cerecita,
 replied 2 years ago
Cerecita
Hello, and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

If you are referring to liquid makeup in a bottle, it has to adhere to the 3-1-1 rule for liquids, aerosol and gels. Each bottle can't be more than 3.4 ounces. Here is more information: CLICK

I hope this helped!

If you need any more information, please click Reply and I will be happy to continue.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.

Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Thank you.

Lawyer: Cerecita,
 replied 2 years ago
You're most welcome; it's my pleasure to be of help to you!

Please kindly take a moment to rate my answer with positive feedback, since you found it helpful. Thank you very much!

Warmest wishes,
Cher
Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 2 years ago
Briarcliff767
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today!
Hi
The loosening of these regulations in 2013 allows passengers more leeway in keeping their makeup close at hand while flying. This means that most make up foundations are allowed on the plane.
The expert did not state that the liquid rules apply to eyeliner and mascara as well. So it might be best that you carry the travel sizes of these rather than your full makeup that you would use everyday at home.
The best route to take is to buy travel size makeup at most major department stores. But the TSA are usually more concerned with larger amounts of liquids rather than cosmetics.
If you need further help please let me know.
Thanks
Hope
Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767