Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am having a real problem with someone I hired to take care

Customer Question

I am having a real problem with someone I hired to take care of my autistic son. He lives in my home and has been is suppose to leave in one month but in the mean time he is refusing to do many of his duties and he is making my son and I very uncomfortable with his behavior towards us. I am fearful of his behavior and how he'll treat my 15 yr old son while I'm at work and myself when I'm home. I'm also fearful that he will not get a job and leave as he has not before. this has been just an employee and not a boyfriend
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Optional Information:
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): Oregon
What have you tried so far?: He started a big fight with my son and scared him and then after we returned from the store he angrily stated he wanted to talk to me. He was very aggressive and during that conversation he started yelling at me and through my groceries on the floor. He told me he felt like a piece of shit and needed to get a job and was going to move out by the end of August, but he made it sound like only if he got a job. I have written a formal eviction letter stating our agreement that he move out and that I want to do this amicably and am willing to help him become independent, but his behavior is pretty angry, volatile and making us pretty upset.

Response: If he is throwing your groceries on the floor, he needs to go immediately. You need to file for a Restraining Order to force him out of the house immediately without further delay as he poses danger to you and your son. You may also file report against him with the local Police. Click on the link below for more information:
http://courts.oregon.gov/Marion/MaterialsAndResources/pages/restrainingordersindex.aspx